Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Eternally Grateful

There has been a church video circulating around about what people are thankful for. I haven't been able to see until a few minutes ago on a friend's blog because our computers have been having many issues.

I posted this as a comment on her blog and wanted to make sure I put it up on my blog as well.

"When I see videos done by the church like this, my heart wells up with so much gratefulness and I am humbled to realize everything, EVERYTHING in my life is designed just for me. I am a child of God. He loves me. He knows who I am. And I have the knowledge of the restored gospel. I have parents who bent over backwards to make sure I would follow the straight and narrow path and for their gift to me being members of the church, I will be forever grateful. I am thankful to be me."

I have people who love me, all of my crazy quirks, weird habits, you know- what makes me who I am. I have a mother, father, and stepmom who all love me very much. They gave me roots in the gospel- I didn't have to wander around through life trying to find it, I just had to figure out how to accept it. I have a husband who takes time to make my life easier, who loves me, who does everything in his power to make sure I can be a happy person. I have a beautiful son, who I think I practically willed into existance, who is very easy to raise (even when I don't want to be the grown-up), and fills everyday with smiles and giggles, and now hugs me back. I have the opportunity to bring another life into this world, when there are so many others who would give anything to have that opportunity. The older I get, the more I realize just how awesome it is to be me. I'm awesome! And I would NEVER want to be anyone else.

No comments: