Friday, August 28, 2009

Last Night of Summer

Tonight was the night I've been waiting for. I LOVE the Larsen's. They are an amazing and CRAZY family. We sit by them at church and Janet is our RS president. We went to a BBQ we've been planning to have for a little over a month. It was SO delish! We had this amazing specially seasoned chicken, rice, rolls, super red and sweet watermelon, and a FABulous fresh green salad my girlfriend Mary made with fresh cilantro.
We sat and talked and goofed around. It's SO wonderful to have so many people who can plug into your personality and understand your 'weird'. Everyone has a different 'weird', but all of us can connect on different facets of each other's 'weird', so it works out. It was the first time we've all gotten together outside of church things. We SO need to do it again!

Mary Puppe, me and Kellie Larsen- my bffs that I do everything with out here! I don't know what I'd do without them!
Then after dinner, we left the boys and baby. Kellie said good night before we left her mother-in-law's house to go to bed and rest her little pregnant body up for her shower tomorrow while Janet, Jennie, Mary and I all headed to downtown LA to this place...
It was yummy! All my girlfriends out here rave about it, so Janet treated us girls to a GNO. It was Mary's and my first time trying it. The girl who took our picture told us that Jake Gyllenhaal walked in and ordered earlier that day! WILD! Left to right: Janet, Jennie, Mary, and me.

Here's to more GNOs and more barbecues with these guys! Thanks for the foodies, Janet! Love ya'll! Mwah!

5 comments:

Chiemi said...

*CRY* I wish I was there!! I love Larsen parties! It looks like it was a great night, add pinkberry on top of it and you have my ideal evening. :)

Andrew and Lauren said...

Who is Jake Gyllenhaal? Anyway looks like you had fun :)

Andrew and Lauren said...

I wanted to add that I love your dress! Also how do you survive there?! Its sooooo hot here, Bennett can't wear onesies most days! I imagine that CA is hotter than Boise.

Becca said...

I love GNOs! They are so good for you, and that ice cream looks divine! You'll have to take me the next time we come out, whenever that is!

Kellie said...

Who is that HUGE girl you're sitting next to in the black shirt?!!! Tell her she needs to get up in the mornings and exercise with her friends! ;)