Saturday, January 31, 2009

Jonathan

I love the kid. I didn't think it was possible to love someone so powerfully. He is awesome. I asked my husband the other night, "Is it was ok to think that my son was the most extraordinary person I'd ever met." He said it was fine. Then I said, "Even if I think he's more amazing than my husband?" And he looked at me and said, "I would think so."

Being LDS, the first person who comes in your physical life is your husband. I was thinking that he might be disappointed in me and tell me my feeling were wrong because of such teachings. But really, I didn't get to see my husband grow and change through his life like I'm getting to with my son, so it makes sense.

Knowing that you have such a Godly power blows your mind after you've had your first child. Seeing all the little things that make up the person you're created, how many of those things are like you and/or your spouse, is just incredible. But then you see all the things that just pertains to them. Truly, there is no better feeling than watching my son grow and learn to master his little body. Like I said, I love the kid.

No comments: